X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone tried Fallout3 yet ?

any comments if so ? :)

I did and so far I am happy.

If you liked oblivion, and enjoyed Fallout (1,2, or tactics), you're likely to enjoy this game.

If you loved the fallout series, it can be a little more complex. They did a good job keeping close to the atmosphere and silliness you had in Fallout, but the quests seem a bit... well boring. Don't get me wrong, blasting Super Mutants is great fun, but to me things feel a bit too well polished. Often it's the usual go here, and do that thing. There are quite a few exceptions that make the game great fun however, and I keep playing :)

The repair system is fairly nice (you use similar items to repair your broken item). This prevents a huge pile of items in your inventory.

I suppose the best part is the vast desolate world in the game. Graphics, atmosphere and even till some extend the dialog. It makes you experience the emptiness of a blown up world. The endless empty buildings, the few scavengers and the small settlements you come across every once in a while. The game feels quite like an open world. I can go where I want, and do what I want.

If I have to rate this game, I'd probably give it an 8.5. It's great fun, and well done, but it's got just a little bit too much of Oblivion's quest sequences in it.

Best bit I've come across in the game so far was a note on a researcher's computer:
    Notes concerning research on what Super Mutants eat.
    When I looked into this subject there was just one note which read: Research assistants.
    :D
    Last edited by Damor; 02-11-2008, 11:25.

Comment

actually I loved Fallout 1,2 an even tactics...still have 2 and tactics on my rig playing it here or then though 2 is a bit tricky with XP...giving it a try I guess...probably just buy it with red Alert3 in a bundle and strap my bank account a fair bit :D

Comment

got it for the x360 together with fable 2; haven't had any time for it yet though (i'm at the toddler stage...). fable 2 looks fantastic too, only 5 mins in too but a great atmosphere.
        Gears of War 2 is yelling for my wallet too, but i'm still resisting!!!! :drool:

Comment

If you are a total Fallout purist, you'll hate Fallout 3.

If you hated Oblivion, you'll hate Fallout 3.

If you either you enjoyed Oblivion or you are fan of the Fallout franchise (without being a total purist) then you'll probably enjoy it, and if you fall in both categories then you'll have a lot of fun.

I'm loving it - can't wait for the editor to be released ;)
          The rain, it raineth on the Just and the Unjust fella, but chiefly on the Just, because the Unjust steals the Just's umbrella.

Comment

if you had a chance to play it Strac I wouldnīt mind a short review...still have a couple of weeks till Im done with my studies...have to wait for that till I get me a new game...:)

Comment

oh btw do you Dutch guys have a decent online software salesshop by hand ? Just noticed that the German version though forbidden to be sold to people under 18 is still completly cut off any blood...either gonna order it in Netherlands or Austria it seems...:furious:

Comment

got it now and it was a big mistake...itīs so messed up on the PC I canīt believe this was actually released...Im crashing at the same spot all day long...will bring it back to the shop I bought it...demand my money back and get me Red Alert 3 instead...Bethesda really fucked it up...damn good job they did...

Comment

Red Alert 3 is a huge disappointment. According to GT .

Comment

oh crap...doesnīt sound too well...:gag:

Comment

Originally posted by killersunited View Post
                      got it now and it was a big mistake...itīs so messed up on the PC I canīt believe this was actually released...Im crashing at the same spot all day long...will bring it back to the shop I bought it...demand my money back and get me Red Alert 3 instead...Bethesda really fucked it up...damn good job they did...
                      Sorry to hear mate. Running it with no problems at all here.

Comment

that is with me not even having some exotic stuff in my rig...absolutely no idea what the problem is...as said the tutorial is running fine..no problems...just cant get out of the freaking vault...

Comment

If you want me to, I can send you a savegame right after that?

Comment

Have you tried any of this yet, Killers?

No idea if it's related to your problem but it can't hurt to try ... I guess. ;)
                            "If you keep your mind sufficiently open, people will throw a lot of rubbish in it."

Comment

tried that and was able to play for additional 100 meters...then the next crash...loading up again...going a few meters...crashing again...it somehow fixed problems in small areas...havenīt fixed a lot of crashes though...still unbelievable that Bethesda was not able to look about multi core processors...welcome today guys...probably your next game has a chance to use them...

not to mention that I as a customer have to play around with the game.ini to tell the game yes I have 4 processorīs...just because of the stupidity of your coders...please only use 1 of them...
                              Last edited by killersunited; 18-11-2008, 14:26.

Comment

Working...
                              X